Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 3 - 5

Bowling
Not much improvement here! Didn't bowl anyways. Started the three knee drill! Now, after the three knee drill, I realize that the problem occurred because my body didn't realize the takeoff's where and how!

How : The frontfoot
Where : Such that the backfoot lands in line with the stumps. For me, in the side on position!

Had a fitness session in between. Whatta day that was! Must have done more than 30 pushups :P Loads of exercises, atleast for two hours and didn't get exhausted for one bit!


Fielding


  • For Slip Catches, bend as much as you can. Keep minimal movements!
  • With the higher catches, I'm being pretty good - except that I take the catches in an odd position. I get under the ball, go onto the side and take the ball on the sides! Isn't the standard way to catch the ball in your palms with the body behind it?
  • Follow the trajectory! Somehow, it always land in the palms! Otherwise, you're hurt!
  • Loads of great fielders in the side. Nishant is one! I was wondering how to differentiate from them? Had some ideas in mind at that time - don't remember what they were. Will post whenever I remember!
Next Post : On coaching, differentiating, bowling action and follow through, and the two of other bowlers.


No comments:

Post a Comment